As I was picking up the house this morning, I came across this cluster of objects on the kitchen counter.
And the thought crossed my mind: my life can be defined by this pile of mismatched items on my kitchen counter: Epic battles between avengers and dinosaurs….diaper changes….boogers…bills…
I think most peoples lives can be summed up by what is on their kitchen counter.
Before Ryan and I had kids, our counters were clean…very little clutter…you might find our utility bills, cell phone chargers and a batch of cookies. That has changed. Sometimes I think…"what the hell did we do before we had kids!?" Being a parent is a true sacrifice of your coolness…a sacrifice of your time and energy. Right after I had Blakely, I was sharing some stories about the birth with my sister in-law and she, sharing her birth stories…after we were done saying how hard having babies was, my niece piped in and said "Then why do keep having them?" I really didn't know what to say…how do you explain to an 10 year old…that even though it sounds like torture and complete insanity…we all do have kids…some of us multiple times. Even if we've planned for years or didn't plan at all, we all love the blessings we didn't know we needed. I don't think I can sum into words…except, maybe when I am 50, I will look back on the picture above and desperately miss epic battles between avengers and dinosaurs….diaper changes….boogers…bills…okay not the bills.
"enjoy the little things, because one day you will look back and realize they were the BIG things"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please Leave a Comment and Make sure to Sign "From Reader" so we know who you are! :)