Friday, September 3, 2010

11 Weeks: 1st Prenatal Update

Well we had the ever dreadful 1st prenatal appointment.  Ryan stayed home with Riley, while I ventured to Pleasant Hill for the appointment with OBGYN Associates.    I saw the doctor who owned the practice and he was very straight-forward and quick...which I like.   Right away he did the heart beat and of coarse...we couldn't hear a thing.  Which I expected, the same thing happened with Riley...he said it might be a little early or the due date is off.  BUT THEN....during the pelvic exam he discovered my uterus is tilted back instead of upright, so the baby grows down towards my bottom first then up and out, rather than just up and out.  He said this explains why we can't hear the heart beat.  This is not a big deal for baby, it just means more back pain for mommy.   The doc wants to see me again in 2 weeks to hear the heart beat, to make sure everything is healthy.  We also will have a special ultrasound done to inspect the baby's heart, since there is a family history of heart defects, we have a 10% chance of also having a heart defect.  The doc just wants to be thorough, which is fine by me.  I had blood taken for HIV and all those special STDs...you know just in case!  I told the doc I had WPW and he said "COOL!"  :)  he knew a  lot about the heart condition but never knew anyone who had it.
He gave me a lot a good info, most I already knew from "What To Expect..."  but it's always nice to hear it from the horses mouth.  This first trimester is going so much smoother than the first pregnancy,  I feel great other than being tired, everyday at noon I feel like I took a sleeping pill, some days I get a nap in other days I don't. I am not suppose to lift anything over 20 pounds...I just laughed at my doctor and told him my son weighs 35 pounds his respose "but I though you said he was 2?...just lift with your legs if you have to..." I am still in my regular shirts and pants, my maternity pants, although much more comfortable, are still too big right now.  I can still button my jeans, but it's getting uncomfortable so I just wear my jeans unbuttoned with my bella band.   I am showing a little sooner than I did with Riley, although I am at the exact same weight.  I would assume I am caring my weight differently thanks to Riley :)  According to the doctor's office I have shrunk a whole inch since 2 years ago!!!! So I am officially 5'2"...(I was 5'4" in high school) so other words, less room for baby to grow!  :)  Below is a picture of my slightly protruding belly, baby is about the size of a lime or 2 inches.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment and Make sure to Sign "From Reader" so we know who you are! :)