Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Dad is 30 + 1 = 40

Ryan and I don't really "do" gifts for each other's birthdays anymore…it's more like…"we need a new fridge…that can be our birthday presents to each other" or "the truck's check-engine light came on…I guess there goes the fridge for our birthdays".  Despite our lack of gift enthusiasm, we always get the kids involved in the gifts giving, I have always been keen on teaching the kids [thoughtfulness] and [selflessness] and I believe gift giving and acts of kindness are good lesson's learned for small children. Blakely and Tate are a little young still to understand, so I take Riley to a "dad store" and have him pick out what he thinks dad would like.  The result was a bunch of "manly things" that dad would LOVE!  Including an iowa garden flag, chevy key chain, iowa cup and uni door knob sign.

Happy Birthday Dad



Here the boys are putting up the iowa flag


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment and Make sure to Sign "From Reader" so we know who you are! :)