Friday, May 3, 2013

TURBO

The snow has come and we are stuck inside.  We packed up all the snow pants, cuz ya know…it's MAY!  I swear I have said "no!" more times today than I have all month.  Mainly because I now have a third little monster to say "no!" to now.  Some little girly likes to pull on the lamp cord and knock the lamp over and no matter what I do to try and prevent her from doing this…she finds a way.  I think she tells the boys to distract me while she devises a plan to electrocute herself.  So while she is crawling her little butt over to the lamp, the boys are jumping on the couch, dumping out all the toys, getting into the fridge or their favorite... wrestling.   I seriously think I threw my back out today from yelling so loud "RILEY!!! LEAVE YOUR BROTHER ALONE!!!!"

Ryan and I have always tried to be strict in discipline, having firm rules and firm consequences.  Up until a couple months ago, Riley was the only one getting in trouble…but then Tate got on the rebel train.  Riley gets sent to his room, where there are only books, no toys and Tate gets sent to the corner until he stops crying or until I feel the point has sunk in.  Now, occasionally... they get a swat on the rear.  At Tate's age, I do it to "shock and awe" him into not doing something that could hurt him or for some completely unacceptable behavior.  For Riley it's flat out ridiculous behavior, where he needs a reality check.


As I was doing the dishes today, I recalled a story Ryan told me, when he realized the power had shifted with him and his mom.  He realized he was bigger and there wasn't much she could do to stop him anymore…as I chuckled to myself, a shiver ran down my spine and I realized my boys will probably be bigger than me by the time they are 10….hmmmm.  As the panic started to rise, I decided I needed to devise a plan to instill the fear in those two little shits.  Ryan has no problem…he will be able to look them in the eye till at least 16…maybe 17 but me? I've got no chance of sizing them up physically.  Those two boys need to realize now, that this house is a Dictatorship…ain't no due process…there will be no jury of your peers…you will not receive your one phone (that I know you will use to call grandma)  This mama needs to go turbo (a riley-ism) on these boys so that when they're 18, and they've messed up, and Ryan is in their face, they say with hands folded up to their maker "PLEASE DON'T TELL MOM WHAT I DID!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment and Make sure to Sign "From Reader" so we know who you are! :)