When I hear the words…"mom, I have a question…"
I take a deep breath, shake my head and try to hold back the laughter. I KNOW whatever question it is…it is going to have me stumbling over my words or trying to come up with an explanation that is easy to understand or better yet a BIG FAT LIE!
Riley is a very curious little boy…like most preschoolers, I'm sure. And I don't know the exact scientific amount of questions one can be asked before their head explodes but I think I have almost been there. I think I get asked at least 100 questions a day, some simple…some not so simple. What's the difference between a simple and a not so simple question? Here, I will give you an example:
Simple:
"Mom where are my shoes?"
Not so Simple:
"Mom, why don't you and Blakely have a wiener?"
Simple:
"Mom, is it preschool today?"
Not so Simple:
"Why does dad and your mom have 2 daddy's?"
Simple:
"Mom, what's for supper?"
Not so Simple
"Why do we die, am I going to die too?"
Simple:
"Where's bear?"
Not so Simple:
"How did Blakely get out of your belly?"
Simple:
"is it summer yet?
Not so Simple:
"why are your front muscles so much bigger than daddy's?"
Simple:
"will I be big like dad one day?"
Not so Simple:
"Mom, why do you have dog breath in the morning?"
Simple:
"can I play my leap pad?"
Not so Simple:
"Why does that man have such a BIG BELLY, I don't think he has a baby in there!"
Most of the time I tell the truth and say…
"cuz Blakely and Mommy are girls…only boys have weiners."
"Cuz nana pam's and dad's parents got divorced" -this one was a little more complicated and was a back and forth discussion-
"our bodies go in the ground and our spirits go to heaven…and yes we all die but not for a long time"
And sometimes I just have fun and answer with…
"I pushed real hard and (fart noise) out came blakely!"
"cuz I workout more than dad!"
"cuz bear gave me a kiss this morning"
and then there is the "sometimes we don't say things aloud."
We stop questioning the little things as adults and start worrying about politics and bills, it is refreshing sometimes to hear what puzzles a 4 year old….like why bear eats her poop and why daddy doesn't have hair and why do we have to sleep. And although I enjoy answering some questions…and have the answers for some…I sometimes just have to say…"CUZ THATS THE WAY IT IS. THE END."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please Leave a Comment and Make sure to Sign "From Reader" so we know who you are! :)