This past October, you remember we had a garage sale at Clear Lake…
Remember this Salesman?
Well…this particular day was cold and rainy…and not much to do. So whats a redneck to do when he gets bored…shoot something!? No…the gun was on the top shelf this day.
Well shoot…it's time to start picking
While I was putting Blakely and Tate down for a nap, Riley was up to something…I knew this because he was quite and the tv was not on. So after I was done changing, rocking and hugging, I came down the stairs to this:
Riley was supposed to be PICKING UP the toys…but I guess he could have easily mistaken what I meant. He became one bonafied picker…picking things he thought would sell, like Dad's sunglasses and a couple rolls of toilet paper (in the doctor's kit) and Tate's left shoe and the TV remotes. He was even offering up the Dog.
Of coarse I asked "what are you doing?"
Riley said "I'm having a sale, you need to buy something"
I said, "what do you mean, this is all my stuff that I already paid for!"
Riley said "well you don't need this stuff, so now I am selling it…"
I said "Fine…how much for the toilet paper?"
Riley stiffly said "$50 zero zero dollars…cash"
I responded "What! I am not paying that for toilet paper, I'll pass!"
Silence after a couple minutes…
SIGH
HUMPH
WHEWWWW
"What's the matter Riley?"
"no one is coming to my sale" he sadly responded
"well, maybe you need a sign" I suggested
"OK!"
I told him how to spell "FOR SALE" and he wrote it on his board and placed it in front of his store
silence again….
SIGH
Double HUMPH
WHEEWWWWWWWWW
GRRRRRRRRRR
"Now what's the matter?"
"No one is still coming to my sale"
{I then realized this was a REAL sale}
"Well..." I said "everyone is at work right now like daddy, I bet when they get off work they will come"
Riley's eye brightened "YEAH! it will take the customers a while to put their shoes and coats on and drive their cars to my sale…I KNOW I KNOW! I will put the sign where they can see it from their cars."
"OK!" I said from the kitchen sink, thinking that was the end of it.
Silence
Front Door Opening and Closing…
And I walk in to the living room to find Riley smiling…
I suspiciously walk to the front door and look out the window to find this:
I turned to Riley and said "FIRST OFF…you ASK to open the front door and SECOND…
good idea!"



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please Leave a Comment and Make sure to Sign "From Reader" so we know who you are! :)