What you just saw was a SMALL sample of what sets bear off. And everyday we find knew words and actions we can't do; like open the silverware drawer…no other drawer in the kitchen bothers her, just the silverware drawer. I can't say "tissue" or "purple"and the poor Fed Ex guy…at first he was terrified of Bear, but I assured him she was friendly…she's just stupid. Every time he brings a package (and I get quite a few because of photography) she attacks the door window, barking and clawing at the window…but now the Fed Ex guy just smiles and waves at her as she threatens to rip his jugular open. The fill-in Fed Ex guy just tosses our packages on our front porch to avoid bear. What would she do if I open the door…ABSOLUTELY NOTHING…besides lick them. Once you are in our house or she sees us talking to you…she's fine.
First day home Feb. 2008
She couldn't run…she had spent her whole life (5 months) in a kennel
The shelter told us she might have parvo (which is fatal to dogs) The first night we had her she spent the whole night vomiting and we thought she was going to die.
BUT….she didn't
Instead we got a dog that lived and is scared of water, fly swatters, dish towels, clapping, the vacuum, bags, balloons, spray bottles, toe nail clippers, when I read a book, thunder storms…shall I go on?
She is shameful of her own farts, has to sleep on something (a sock, blanket, foot) She sneaks on the couch at night, she licks constantly, she hides ALL her bones and acts very suspicious of you when she thinks you found it. She is anti smoking (if she sees a stranger smoking she growls at them)
Bear at 5 months 30 pounds
Bear at 4 years 110 pounds (aka FAT)
I have threatened a many times to leave the dog at a deserted rest stop, but Ryan won't let me.
As mush of a pain in the ass bear is to me…I am over-ruled by the 3 boys in the house. They love her and they probably always will. (and I guess I do too)
After all she has been here since the beginning: She thinks of these kids as her own…
This is the face bear makes when you say "GINGER!?"














No comments:
Post a Comment
Please Leave a Comment and Make sure to Sign "From Reader" so we know who you are! :)