Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Baptism

Sunday was Blakely's Baptism.  We had her baptized at the Lutheran Church of Hope in West Des Moines.  This was her invite:





The ceremony was during a separate service after church, along with about 10 other baptisms.  She wore a white dress with white flower details, a white head piece I made for her and my white shoes from when I was a baby.







Ryan held her as the pastor trickled water on her head and placed the oil on her forehead.  She didn't cry, she just looked a little confused.




























After the pastor blessed her, he lit a candle and started to hand it off…I reached for it but the pastor handed it to Riley.  Riley's eye's lit up like he was just handed the infinite torch of power!  The pastor told Riley "and you can keep that lit through the rest of the service if you want!"  Ryan leaned over to me and said "BLOW that sucker out!"


Jesse and Jen were our (sponsers) Godparents…they have invested a lot of love in our children and are the most kind and selfless couple I know.  Plus, we have a lot of fun with them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment and Make sure to Sign "From Reader" so we know who you are! :)