When I picked riley up from preschool today, the teacher informed me he was really good. In fact, riley was so good he got a "high five" award. On the way home, I asked him what he did today...he said
"I dressed up like a man!"
"Oh!? What kind of man?"
"A doctor man!"
"oh cool...did you girls can be doctors too?"
Riley responded with a smug laugh and said "that's silly mommy doctors are men"
Okay...? Let's move on.
I continued my questions hopìng for some less sexíst answers "when you were a doctor, díd you help any síck people?"
Riley said "well, I helped that brown baby and stuck it in the belly and It felt better"
Okay...so a less sexist but a lot more racist. What can I say or do...other than laugh and focus on the positive...like the HIGH FIVE AWARD!!!
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Racist and sexist
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
seriously, this kid is sooo funny! LOVE it!!!
ReplyDelete