Every time we have visitors…our kids go nuts. Literally running in circles! And the worst is grandparents…UGH! We have the BEST grand and great grand parents around…maybe they are TOO good, cuz our kids always want to leave with them…hmmm????? Last time my mom came to visit she pointed out that I said "it's not normally like this…" about 50 times and that, apparently, I say it every time she comes.
Ryan and I have discovered in the last couple weeks that the kids act MUCH better when we go to the grandparents house…so we have a no grandparents ban in effect until further notice.
And here's why…
Yesterday, Riley was huffing and puffing around the house…
I asked him "what's the matter bud?"
"I CAN'T FIND MY BAG!!!"he responded angrily
"Chill Out, which bag do you want?" I asked him
he responded"UGH! Never mind!"
I thought to myself…whatever, I'm just going to let him be.
A couple minutes later I heard Riley opening the front door and yell to me:
"Bye Mom! See you later!"
I said, "Where do you think you're going!?"
"To the cabin." He said nonchalantly
That is when I noticed the Elmo backpack, stuffed and bursting with toys and underwear.
I responded "no you're not going anywhere and you don't leave without asking"
Riley walked up to me and said "Mom, this is not about you…shhhhhh."
NORMALLY-and only the flies on the wall would know this-the house is quiet. Even with a newborn in the mix now. Occasionally, Bear barks at the innocent walking by. But the boys stay entertained by coloring, playing in the pool or watching movies.
Riley and Tate (and their respective blankets) watching Despicable Me after swimming on a hot day.
Blakely sprawled out, enjoying the thumps of daddy's heart
Tater loves to peek at baby
Tate laughing at Blakely's hiccups!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please Leave a Comment and Make sure to Sign "From Reader" so we know who you are! :)