Riley wore his Pirate Outfit…accessorized with a new pirate hat and telescope. He greeted everyone at the door with "ARRR... Matey!"
We started off with a Treasure hunt…
I made a scavenger hunt with simple clues (for Riley's sake) that led to a treasure chest of goodies.
We served lunch with sandwiches, chips and chocolate covered strawberries
We then opened presents. Last year Riley didn't want to open presents…so Ryan had to open them. This year we sat back and let Riley do all the work, it was fun seeing which presents he wanted to open first [the big ones] He got Dragons, Movies [Rio, Dragon, Elmo] a Backpack, Books, Drums, Bubble Machine and so much more!
Next up was cake, I had a 1/4 sheet cake made at wal mart, decorated to look like water. I had made a foam pirate ship to go on top as a cake topper. I also made Riley's own cake [a jolly roger]
It was such a fun day, and even though ryan and I are exhausted…it was so worth seeing Riley have a ton of fun!
Thanks to everyone who took the time to come! Riley talked about this party and everyone who was going to be there all week and now he is going to talk about everyone who came in this coming week! Tonight at the end of our night time song [Our rendition of Elmo's World song] we sing Riley loves his blankey and then Riley says everything we loved about that day so Riley sang this….
Pirates…Dragons…Cake….Happy Birthday…Grandma…Papa…Nana…Grandpa…Papa…Marsha…Grandpa…Gandma…JesseJen…Reese and Tally…Hambone…Aunt Brandi…Baby Tate…Jinger…Frogs….TOO!
It's Nigh Night Time!
Needless to say he LOVES you all!


Happy birthday, Riley!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun day!
-The Langfalds