The last couple weeks have been hard, but we are coming to the home stretch and soon we will have our baby boy! I find that I can't have ANY sodium or I am physically miserable. A very small bowl of chilli made me gain 10 pounds over night-purple hands-lips-legs-hands-feet...it was bad. I went on sodium detox and got the water weight off but you really don't realize how present sodium is in everything. My blood pressure is fine as long as I don't eat sodium...today it was 129/90. I am starting to not sleep well...do to the water retention and swelling also due to I drink about 100oz of water a day and am up to the bathroom 3-4 times in a night. I have gained 25 pounds and I am hoping the weight will come to a stand still in the 9th month...the lack of sodium in my diet will help with that.
From here on out, I'll start seeing the doctor every week. Next week (2/25) I get a culture to check for bacteria called Group B streptococci...I had this with Riley. GBS is usually harmless in adults, but if you have it and pass it on to your baby during birth, it can cause serious complications, such as pneumonia, meningitis, or a blood infection. Because 10 to 30 percent of pregnant women have the bacteria and don't know it, it's vital to be screened. Since I was a GBS carrier with Riley, I got an IV antibiotics during labor, and because the bacteria comes and goes on it's own there is no guarantee I will have it this time. Hopefully I don't have it this time...I really didn't like the IV!
Baby weighs about 5.25 pounds and is 18.5 inches long. Riley was 8 pounds 4.4 oz and 23 inches long and was born 1 day after his due date. If on time: I am guessing Tate will be 8 pounds 9 ounces and 22 inches long...any wagers on weight and length, remember he is gaining on average a 1/2 - 3/4 ounce a day.

You look great!! XO
ReplyDeleteThanks...but there is a reason why I take the pictures with professional lighting! :)
ReplyDelete