I had our 28 week appointment today 1/6/11 @ 9 am. I had to bring Riley, so Ryan can save as much vacation time for when the baby comes. I was a little nervous about bringing him, but he did great...every doctor or nurse we passed by or met he called out the color of their scrubs..."BLOO!" "GWEEEN!" "WED!" "PoooPle!" Although Riley did great and the baby is fine (HB:147) My blood pressure was 137/90...which was consistent after 4 readings. Then I laid on my left side for a reading and it went down to 134/70, but the doctor was concerned nonetheless. I told the doctor I did wake up this morning feeling swollen, dizzy and my vision felt "off". She was concerned about my face and hand swelling, so she ordered me to bed rest this week and I have a follow up next Friday. I do not have protein in my urine but I had gained 3 pounds...I'm thinking she is being cautious of preclempsia. But I am to take it easy...she specifically said no house cleaning or grocery shopping. This may be a rough week. The 28 week picture is below...no little monster in the picture with me this time...but you will notice the swelling in my face and the rash on the back of my arms (which I got when I was pregnant with Riley too) My hair is starting to grow weird...new hair growth sticks out straight and I have to mat it down with hair spray. I'm starting to feel more tired...which might be correlated with the high blood pressure. I now have to sleep with 5 pillows (I did the same thing with Riley) strategically placed around my body so I get and STAY comfortable throughout the night. Soon there won't be any more room for poor Ryan. I still crave apples...apple pie, caramel apples anything apple. And egg burritos.
Baby is about the size of a butternut squash...almost 3 pounds and 15 inches long... Heart beat was 147. We feel him move a lot and are starting to recognize or guess the body part we feel. I am just too excited for this baby to be here...I am ready to be a family of FOUR! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please Leave a Comment and Make sure to Sign "From Reader" so we know who you are! :)