Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Cover Your Mouth...
Riley has had a bad cough for a week now, we started to get concerned, so I took him to the doctor today and they thought he was pretty congested in his longs. They did a chest x-ray, to check for pneumonia. And his o2 levels were low, so they put him on a nebulizer, twice. Each time took about 30 minutes and Riley cried and cried and screamed and kicked. I tried everything to get him to calm down {in that moment I found it hard to think of any songs or stories he likes} Finally {dumb mommy} I started tickling his back and legs and that calmed him down. They ended up sending us home with the nebulizer that releases medicine to help Riley breath and he is also on a steroid to help with the inflammation in his lungs. Poor guy...doesn't he look like the saddest little boy :( At least he got to watch Mickey Mouse during his treatment...he did get a little frustrated that he couldn't get up and do the hot dog dance! (follow up doctors appointment on 6/24)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Poor little guy!!! Give him a snuggle from his auntie!
ReplyDelete