Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's day use to be just another day of the year when I  pick dandelions and hand made a card that read "best mom in the world!" I never really understood Mother's Day, until I became a mother. I truly believe that everyone, at some point in their life, has a light bulb turn on in their head. A point in their life where things start to make sense and you look back on your life and reevaluate.  I had to reevaluate mother's day on 8/15/2008. Because of Riley, Mother's Day now made sense! After 41 hours and pushing out a watermelon...it makes sense! 
Well kind of...
Then I held him
Then I smiled at him
Then I looked into my husband's eyes
Then I fed him
Then I bathed him
Then I changed him
Then rocked him
Then I payed the hospital bill
Then I sang to him
Then he smiled at me
Then he crawled, walked, ran...

After all that it makes sense!
Well Kinda....

MY point is, being a mother never stops, and I learn something new about being a mother every day.  And every time I have that feeling, I think of my mother and that
she held me
she smiled at me
she looked into my dad's eyes
she fed me
she changed me
she rocked me
she paid the hospital bill
she sang to me
she watched me grow

Being a mother is the most important and full filling job I do and I couldn't do it without a great husband and father by my side...but his day will come in about a month :)

Below are the flowers I received from Riley!  Stargazers and Roses!  muah!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment and Make sure to Sign "From Reader" so we know who you are! :)